Monday, March 15, 2010

What Do I want?

So I thought to myself the other day, after I complete these basic goals what are my next set of goals. And as I had the chance to ponder I realized the real question was, what do I want? What do I want out of life? Most of the times I kept saying , to not allow my ancestors and heritage to be forgotten, and to continue and elevate to the highest level and lift my people out of this mental depression. But as a young female I know that this goal more so a long time goal. This will not happen over night.So to get a clue about my answer to my question of what I want, I picked up a Maya Angelou book and read to myself. Realizing the time that went bye and the day setting, the people in my house asleep, all I wanted was time......to myself:)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chalise - Making time to think and reflect for ourselves is a big struggle for all writers, artists, and so forth. I hope some of our work together helps you find that space.

    ReplyDelete